History of Polynesia as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity or to release their copyright.
History of Tonga
- Tonga Journalists Fight Royal Repression
- By Terry Coggan, the Militant, vol. 61, no. 3 (January 20, 1997)The Pro-Democracy
Movement (PDM) in historical context.
History of Tahiti
- Revolt in Tahiti
- Re protest against French nuclear test. From: Pamela Meidell/Nuclear Age Peace
Foundation. 6 September, 1995
- Update from the Ta`ta Maohi of French-Occupied Polynesia
- By Pamela Meidell, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, 6 September 1995. General strike
of 6-7 September in reaction to France's nuclear test.
- French tests galvanise freedom movement
- From An Phoblacht/Republican News. 15 September, 1995. The political fallout
from the resumption of nuclear testing in French Polynesia.
- Amnesty International Urges Immediate Inquiry into Alleged Ill-Treatment of
Arrested Trade Unionists.
- In Papeete, Tahiti. AI Index: ASA 50/01/95. 20 September, 1995.
- A brief history of the independence movement
- By Norm Dixon, in Green Left Weekly, 13 October 1995. In effect, a history of modern Tahiti.
- French crackdown in Tahiti
- By Norm Dixon, in Green Left Weekly, 2 November 1995. Police crack down on
pro-independence and anti-nuclear demonstrators.
- Tahiti independence party makes big gains
- By Norm Dixon, in Green Left Weekly, 6 May 1996. About the Tavini Huiraatira
(Polynesian Liberation Front).