Political and general history of Aotearoa - New Zealand
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity or to release their copyright.
- GATT Watchdog activist launches legal action against SIS over bungled 1996
- Media release, 20 October 1997. NZ Security Intelligence Service sued for attempted break-in
of a home.
- New Zealand get first female prime minister
- Agence France-Presse (AFP), 6 December 1997. Jenny Shipley called New Zealand's most
hated prime minister.
- Impact of MAI on municipal bodies
- Two letters of Janice Moira Graham, 22 December 1997, analyze how privatization and MAI
point to the end of local government.
- Shipley signals increased user pays
- Press Release: New Zealand Alliance Party, 17 February 1998. PM pushes for user charges
rather than public sector services, dissolving the political commonwealth.