The contemporary political history of the Near and Middle East
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- U.N. Security Council Resolution 242
- 22 November 1967. Emphasizing the inadmissibility of the
acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a
just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can
live in security.
- Middle East rises in solidarity
- By Joyce Chediac, Workers World, 19 October
2000. Hundreds of thousands of Arabs, Iranians and other
peoples of the Middle East have taken to the streets daily
to rage at the killing of more than 80 Palestinians by the
Israeli government. The protests have so strongly targeted
the U.S. that Washington has closed all its diplomatic
offices in the Middle East.
- Ten Things to Know About the Middle
- By Stephen Zunes, AlterNet, 1 October 2001. Authoritative
collection of some basic political information.
- Britain to host Mid-East peace
- By Anton La Guardia, Diplomatic Editor, The
Telegraph, 12 June 2004. Britain has won American
agreement to hold an international peace conference on the
Middle East in London early next year. If Israel does not
attend the conference, it is expected to go ahead with the
Palestinian, Arab, American and European participants.