World War III in the Republic of Panama
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Controversy Rages over Canal Antidrugs
- By Silvio Hernandez, IPS, 17 July 1998. Controversy
raged over plans to establish a US-Panamanian Mulitlateral
Antidrugs Centre (MAC) in the Canal zone, as interested
parties fanned the flames of disagreement in talks already
suspended for two months.
- Plan Colombia supply and troop flights to
operate from Panama
- By Eric Jackson, 11 April 2001. The Pentagon is looking
for a civilian contractor to operate from Panama, flying
military forces and supplies in and out of Colombia.
- Panama next Thailand?
- The Panama News, [7 September 2000]. Fears
that the coming U.S.-funded anti-narcotics offensive in
Colombia (Plan Colombia) will drag Panama country into a
war in much the same way that Thailand was dragged into
the Vietnam War: as a staging area for U.S. troops and a
destination for refugees.