World War III: The attack on Kosovo
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Clandestine Preparations For War In
- By Vesna Peric-Zimonjic, InterPress Service, 3 March
1998. The current political stalemate in the southern
Serbian province of Kosovo, may become the catalyst for
renewed Balkan instability, according to observers and
Western diplomats in the region.
- Violence sweeps through Kosovo
- News release by Amnesty International, 3 March
1998. Amnesty International uses reports of attacks by Serbs
on Moslem Kosovar to justify international intervention in
- Is there a CIA war in Kosovo?
- By Gary Wilson, Workers World, 18 June
1998. News reports here about the Yugoslav province of
Kosovo have presented greatly exaggerated tales. The stories
have been “enhanced” by those with an interest
in either promoting a civil war or weakening the Yugoslav
- War Against Kosova Albanians Heats Up, As
Washington Moves To Intervene
- By Maurice Williams, Militant, 6 July
1998. The Yugoslav government headed by Slobodan Milosevic
has intensified its war against Albanians in Kosova who are
fighting for self-determination, while Washington and other
imperialist powers discuss preparations for a military
assault on the Balkan republic.
- President Rugova Talks on the Phone with
Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Kosova Information Center, Kosova Daily
Report (Prishtina), 7 August 1998. A set of news
reports from an anti-Serb source that offers an example of
the connection made between specific incidents and a
call for US military intervention.