Censorship and constraint on world telecommunications
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Panel to look into workings of cyber
- 9 February 1998. The Second Multimedia Super
Corridor’s International Advisory Panel meeing in
Malaysia to set up international cyber court to enforce
cyber laws on behalf of primarily European, US, and
- Koran Parody Web Site up and running in the
- From American Atheists, AANews, 10 July
1998. Cairo religious university succeeds in getting AOL
to close down a Koran parody web site.
- Internet List of Alleged Spies
- By T. R. Reid, Washington Post, 15 May
1999. Failure of British spy services to prevent diffusion
of a list of British spies over Internet. Inability of
governments to control flow of information.
- Scientologists’ copyright suit shapes
- By Dan Goodin, Staff Writer, CNET News.com, 9 June
1999. The Church of Scientology gets a Dutch court to
support notion that linking to a site that violates
copyright law is itself guilty.