World History of the Media
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
History of world telecommunications and media
- Empire of Lies and Deception
- Adapted from E. Baskakov, "Empire of Lies and Deception," Democratic Journalist,
October 1987, pp 25-26. Re media monopolization.
- Role of Western Media Still Questioned
- By Madanmohan Rao. 23 March, 1995. Re dominance of Western media.
- Third World Favours Radio Over Internet
- By Thalif Deen, IPS, 4 May 1999. Third world wants to keep media alternatives to Internet
alive because the latter has tended to widen the gap between rich nations and poor.
- The New Global Media
- It's a Small World of Big Conglomerates. By Robert W. McChesney, The Nation,
29 November 1999. A handful of transnational media monopolies dominate the globe and
discourages local non-western media.