The history of clitoridectomy (FGM) in Africa as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Egyptian women back circumcision
- Excerpted from Daily Telegraph, 17 March
1997. Eight Egyptian women out of ten consider female
circumcision to be a good tradition, despite results of a
- New UNFPA Envoy Aims to End Female Genital
- By Farhan Haq, IPS, 18 September 1997. The
U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA) names an reknown
international model from Somalia, as its special
ambassador on female genital mutilation.
- Women Slam FGM At Khartoum
- From PANA News, 22 April 1999. The International
Women's Forum, a global organisation of Muslim women,
describe female circumcision as harmful to the
physiological, psychological, economic and social
well-being of women.