The history of children and youth in Africa as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Africa Urged To Invest In Girls To Reduce
- By Moyiga Nduru, IPS, 22 March 1999. At Forum for
African Women Educationalists (FAWE), Kinandu Muragu of
the Nairobi-based FAWE says the adequate participation of
girls in the education system in Africa can bring gains in
terms of economic development, improved community health
and national welfare.
- Study Finds 120,000 Child Soldiers In
- By Jerome Hule, PANA Correspondent, 20 April 1999.
- African Children's Charter: a welcome
step to securing the rights of Africa's children
- Press Release Issued by the International Secretariat of
Amnesty International, 29 November 1999. The African
Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (African
Children's Charter), within days of the 10th
anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Rights
of the Child.