Telephone communications in Africa as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- African cellular resource web site launches
live chatroom facility
- Press release, [3 November 1997]. African Cellular
Resource (ACR), the South African-based Internet Web site
dedicated to cellular and telecommunications in Africa,
has launched a live Telecommunications and Cellular
Chatroom facility that bridges the communications gap for
African and global mobile phone and telecomms
- So What! NY City phones outnumbers
- By Adrian Q. Labor, 18 November 1997. Critique of
technolgoical reductionism that would measure progress in
terms of teledensity.
- Ghana Urges Improved Communication Links
Between African States
- By Goddy Ikeh, PANA Correspondent, 2 March 1999. Vice
president, Prof. John Atta Mills, calls for improved
communication links between African countries in order to
achieve the continent's economic integration.
- MTN forges further into Africa with Nigeria
move. Provider wants to develop regional networks
- By Claire Pickard-Cambridge, 24 June 1999. Cellular
phone company MTN, which has a bullish expansion strategy
in Africa, is in the final stages of securing a licence to
operate mobile and international services in Nigeria.