The retrospective history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
The history of Nigeria, 1960-1985
The Biafra Civil War (1967-1970)
The rule of General Babangida
MKO Abiola and the Election of 1993
The pre-modern history of Nigeria
- Katsina And the Symbols of Power
- By Kazeem Adeleke, This Day
(Lagos), 18 February 2001. A symbol of power held by
Kumaya, the founding Emir of Katsina in 13th century. The
Gojere inscribed sword; the Bebe, the deaf
drum. Pre-Islamic wars.
Chronologies and timelines
- Timeline: Nigeria
- BBC, 10 January 2001. BBC timeline defines key events by
hear, from 1861 to 1999.
- Chronology Of The Struggle For Stability
- allAfrica.com (Washington DC), 24 August
2000. Explanatory paragraphs are associated with the key
dates, from independence on 1 October 1960 to the election
of Obasanjo in 29 May 1999. Focus is on the tension
between military rule and political democracy.
- Landmarks in Nigerian History
- Panafrican News Agency, Lagos, 1 October 2000. Key
events briefly defined, from 1960 to 2000. Has a fairly
broad scope, including economic and other factors.