The working-class history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Nigerian Labor Leaders Jailed, Unions
Smashed As Military Repression Escalates
- From Africa Fund Labor Desk, 30 January 1995. After
pro-democracy strike by oil workers in 1994, labor
movement has been systematically repressed by dictator
- Trade unionists in Nigeria; A state of
- Amnesty International, 10 May 1995. Re. strikes by
Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) vs. Abiola and NADECO.
- Labor seeks end to Nigerian
- By James B. Parks, AFL-CIO
News, 1 December 1995. The US American Federation
of Labor brings pressure on US government and businesses.
- Nigerian export ban is sought Human rights
award goes to jailed unionist
- By James B. Parks, AFO-CIO
News, 8 March 1996. Honored was Frank Kokori,
general secretary of Nigeria's natural gas workers'