The working-class history of the Republic of Cameroon
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Teachers' Protest Disallowed
- Panafrican News Agency, 16 January 2001. A protest march
planned by Cameroonian teachers in Yaounde was disallowed
reasons of public order. All politically
related events have been banned ahead of the
France-Africa Summit. High school teachers, led by
the National Union for Education and Training (SNAEF),
have been pressurising the government to sign a decree on
the implementation of their new service conditions.
- Chad-Cameroon Pipeline Workers
- Panafrican News Agency (Dakar), 3 April 2001. Some 140
employees laying pipes to convey Chadian oil from Dowa to
Kribi in Cameroon went on strike in Cameroon's Centre
Province. The strikers wanted a wage hike and a 150 per
cent increase in daily food ration.
- ICFTU denounces harassment and detention of
trade unionists in Cameroon
- ICFTU online..., 14 February 2003. The unprecedented
wave of repression against Cameroon trade unionists in
recent days, which culminated yesterday in the arrest for
the second time of Benoît Essiga, President of the
ICFTU-affiliated Confederation syndicale des travailleurs
du Cameroun (CSTC).
- President of CGT-Liberté Cameroon faces
- ICFTU, 17 October [sic] 2003. Protest campaign directed
at the President of the Republic of Cameroon, Paul Biya,
over the arrest of Benoît Essiga, the President of
CGT-liberté, formerly the CSTC, and 14 of his colleagues
following a dispute between the Camrail railway company
and the Mfoundi-based Rail Transport Union.
- La grève au Labogenie préoccupe la
- By Guy Bertrans Wonkam (stagiaire), Le Quotidien
Mutations (Yaoundé), 16 Décembre 2003. Le mouvement
syndical et les libertés fondamentales au Cameroun, était
au centre de la conférence de presse donnée jeudi à 16h
par la Confédération syndical des travailleurs du Cameroun
(Cstc) à la Bourse du travail de Messa (in french).