The economic history of the People's Republic of
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- South Africans start work on new Congo
- Reuters, 11 June 1966. Congo (Brazzaville) attractive
for foreign capital and Afrikaners want its land.
- World Bank Takes Pulse of Congo's
- Panafrican News Agency (Dakar), 22 March 2001. A World
Bank mission has been taking stock of banking sector
reforms underway in Congo. The talks focused on the
privatisation of the the Congolese Banking Union (UBC) as
a way to recover loans from several clients.
- Logging the Congo rainforests will cut down
more than just trees!
- The Rainforest Foundation, 17 March 2004. The
rainforests of the Congo—which are the second
largest on Earth after those of the Amazon—are
imminently threatened. New laws being introduced under the
guidance of the World Bank, as well as a
the country's forests, will potentially see an area
the size of France handed out to logging companies.