The retrospective history of East Africa as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- New fossil finds shed light on earliest human
- By Jim Genova, People's Weekly World, 2
September 1995. Recent fossil discoveries in Kenya have
sharpened debate on the earliest origins of humans and has
thrown open the question of how long hominids (as all human
species are known) have walked upright.
- Historic Sofala Site:
- Dialog on nuafrica list, October 1995. Sofala was the
southern outpost of the East African Moslem gold trade
network centered on Kilwa.
- Professor Gideon Were is killed in road
- From NUAfrica List, 12 July 1995. Obituary for a historian
of East and South Africa.