The social history of East Africa as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Polls Leave Women More Marginalised
- By Judith Achieng‘, 13 January 1998. President Daniel
arap Moi's failure to appoint a woman to a full
ministerial post dashes hopes in East Africa.
- Child Labour On The Rise
- By Philip Ngunjiri, 6 December 1998. ILO report and the
Africa Network for Prevention and Protection Against Child
Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN)
- Turkana Leave Karamoja to Avoid
- UN Integrated Regional Information Networks, 27 November
2001. Turkana pastoralists who have been living and grazing
their cattle in eastern and northeastern Uganda for almost
30 years have returned to Kenya to avoid handing their guns
over to the Ugandan government.