The contemporary political history of the Republic of
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Political Neutrality Flew Out the
- By Philip Ngunjiri, IPS, 12 January 1998. In last
month's general elections, a bold, but not so
sophisticated, propaganda machine of the ruling party, and
opposition groups' attempts to sell their own messages
through alternative media.
- Women's Ministry Scrapped
- By Judith Achieng', IPS, 27 February 1998. Hardly a
fortnight after it was formed, the Kenyan government has
scrapped the Ministry of Women and Youth Affairs, leaving
women activists convinced that they lost political muscle
during the last general elections.
- Industrial Property Rights Bill Runs into
- By Judith Achieng', 28 May 1999. The bill, which has
been drafted to conform with the requirements of the World
Trade Organisation (WTO), if passed into law will be
controlled by powerful multinational corporations.
- A New Bill To Enhance WTO Agreement Under
- By Judith Achieng', 29 July 1999. NGOs oppose WTO
support that would damage Kenya's agricultural