The contempoary history of the United Republic of Tanzania,
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Isn't It Time Tanzania Rethought Its
- An Opinion in The Nation, 4 February 2001. As
waves of unprecedented political upheavals engulf the once
tranquil isles of Zanzibar and Pemba, more and more people
are beginning to ask: Is Tanzania's hallowed Unity
constitution absolutely inviolate? Isn't it time, maybe,
for a rethink?
- Statemen from Gender Groups
- From gender groups, to chief executives of the World
Bank/IMF at their meeting in Dar es Salaam, 21 February
2001. The Tanzania Gender Networking Programme (TGNP) and
other gender groups regarding the visit by the IMF and World
Bank heads to Tanzania. These drivers of the world's
macro-economic policies have yet to demonstrate that they
are following a very new or different approach to
- BBC Country Profile, 6 March 2001. A brief summary of
political facts, with an outline map.
- Tanzania opposition demands change
- By Wambui Chege, DAWN, 10 April 2001. A
historic march by Tanzanian opposition parties demanding
sweeping constitutional reforms has sent a strong message of
discontent to the government that will only get louder.