The working-class history of the Union of Comoros Islands
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Comoro Teachers Boycott Classes
- By Ali Moindji, Panafrican News Agency, 2 October 2000.
Teachers boycot classes in response to a strike called
by the Union of primary and high school teachers. The
teachers are protesting accumulated salary arrears and
want a lift on the promotion freeze in the civil service
- Poursuite de la grève du personnel local
de la BIC
- By Ali Moindjie, Panafrican News Agency, 12 October 2000.
La grève continuera tant que les autorités
n'auront pas renoncé à appliquer des mesures
discriminatoires dans le calcul de l'impôt
général sur le revenu (IGR)
- L'intersyndicale décrète un
arrêt de travail de trois jours
- By Ali Moindjie, Panafrican News Agency (Dakar), 22 March
2001. French version of article below.
- Unions in Three-day Strike
- Panafrican News Agency (Dakar), 23 March 2001. The
umbrella union USATC announce a three-day strike to pressure
authorities to hold dialogue on various social issues:
health insurance, old age pensions, lay-offs, pay increment
and salary arrears over owed workers in recent years.