Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
History of southern Africa
- Peace elusive in Angola
- By Jim Genova, in the People's Weekly World,
28 January, 1995. The Lusaka accord of 20 Nov, 1994, seems to promise peace.
- Washington still maneuvering to dominate Angola
- By G. Dunkel, in Workers World, 9 March, 1995.
- An old man's warning
- by Chris Simpson. 22 March, 1995. US operative, Holden Roberto, is back in Luanda to counter the Lusaka protocol (Nov 94) between the MPLA government and Savimbi's UNITA.
- Background Paper: Angola
- By the Africa Policy Information Center (APIC), March 1995.
- UNITA under pressure for action as US envoy waves stick
- Angola Peace Monitor, 29 January, 1996. US has to reign in its puppet.
- South African mercenaries in Angola
- African National Congress press statement. 2 February, 1996. ANC regrets South Africa exports war.
- Angola: Human rights should be top of United Nations agenda
- By Amnesty International. 9 December, 1996. UN Security Council is concluding the Angolan peace process and should take human rights into consideration.