The Ibero-American Summits
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Fidel Castro at Summit's Center:
Emotional visit of Cuban leader to Salvador Allende's
- By Marco Sibaja, El Nuevo Diario, 11
November 1996. Fidel Castro at the VI Iberoamerican
Summit. True democratic governability in Latin American
betrayed by the widening abyss between the rich and poor.
- Synthesis—selected headlines on the
6th Ibero-American Summit
- Prensa Latina, Monday 11 November 1996. The
closing of the 6th Ibero American Summit in Sangiago de
Chile. President Fidel Castro voiced his concern over the
real possibility to achieve true democratic governability
with justice and hope for every one. The secretary general
of the OAS certain that the 6th Ibero American Summit
would oppose the Helms-Burton Law.
- Latin American Parliament angry at decision
to leave Havana out of important Iberoamerican legislative
- Radio Havana Cuba, Cuba News, 20 May 1997. The Latin
American Parliament's Board of Directors has rejected
Spain's arbitrary decision to exclude Cuba from an
Iberoamerican meeting set for Madrid this month.
- Latin American Parliament criticizes US
- By Antonio Paneque Brizuelas, Granma
International, [15 January 1998]. President Fidel
Castro alerted 150 legislators from 15 countries on the
new US threats against Cuba.
- Castaneda hails Ibero-American accords
- By Milt Shapiro, TheNewsMexico.com, 25 November
2001. Peru''s Foreign Secretary says the accords
signed at the 11th Ibero-American summit in Lima, Peru,
will greatly benefit Mexico, but added the fruits of the
agreements won't come immediately.