The social history of the Americas as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Neoliberal Social Policy: Managing Poverty
- By Carlos Vilas, in NACLA Report on the Americas, 19
June 1996. Structural adjustment and neoliberal policies
to cope with the debt crisis have resulted in a massive
increase in poverty.
- Injustice for All: Crime and Impunity in
- NACLA Report on the Americas, Sept/Oct 1996. Rise of
crime in Latin America due to capitalist neoliberal
- Latin American Poverty; Cuba
- 28 June 1997. United Nations Development Program reveals
massive poverty in the Caribbean and Latin America, but
Cuba is one of the few which has countered this trend to
reduce its poverty level.
- Latam/Caribbean ‘Most Unequal’
Place on Earth
- By Abid Aslam, IPS, 15 November 1998. Inter-American
Development Bank (IDB) reports that Latin American and
Caribbean countries have the world's most unequal
distribution of income.