Resources for the history of
the Native Caribbean
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- The original names of Caribbean/West Indian
- Compiled by Cacike Petro Guanikeyu Torres, 27 May 1996,
A table of the Taino Indian, early Spanish and modern names
of the Carribean Islands.
- Books in the Resource Center of the National
Museum of The American Indian on Native Peoples of the West
- Prepared by the National Museum of the American Indian,
in cooperation with the Public Inquiry Mail Service,
Smithsonian Institution. 6/98, revised 10/98. A brief
checklist of books.
- KACIKE: Journal of Caribbean Amerindian History
- Announcment, 25 January 2000. The publication aims to correct
the impression that Caribbean Amerindians were irrelevant to
the making of the modern societies and that the Indians have
been absent in postcolonial Caribbean history. It also aims
to show that there are useful historical documents that inform
us of Caribbean Amerindian societies before 1492 and after.