The contemporary political history of South America as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Las mujeres Ecuatorianas y Peruanas ante les
- ALAI: Agencia LatinAmericana de Informacion, 3 February
1995. Women's organizations seek peace.
- Ecuador-Peru: The Fujimori trap
- By Osvaldo Leon, Latin American Information Agency, 12
March 1995. More than a month after the start of the
military confrontation continues between Peru and Ecuador in
the northern part of their undemarcated border strip despite
the fact that both countries subscribed on February 17 to
Itamaraty Peace Agreement.
- Leftist coalitions gather strength
- By Daniel Gatti, InterPress Service, 29 June 1998. Leftist
political parties have a good chance of taking over the
governments in three of the four member nations of the
Southern Common Market (Mercosur), Argentina, Brazil, and
Uruguay, within the next two years.