The economic history of South America as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Energy: Nationalism and
- NAFTA & Inter-American Trade Monitor, 6
October 1995. European and US capital penetrates South
America as investment in natural gas pipeline.
- Landmark Accord on Law of the Sea
- By Gustavo Gonzalez, IPS, 15 August 2000. The foreign
ministers of Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru, the four
Latin American countries with South Pacific coastlines,
pledged to protect migratory species of fish from
indiscriminate deepwater fishing at high sea.
- Ecuador asks Colombia to halt aerial coca
- Reuters, 20 July 2001. Ecuador has asked Colombia to stop
aerial crop spraying near the border the two nations share,
fearing the chemical applied to eradicate coca in its
war-torn nation could harm Ecuadoreans' health.
- Venezuela and Brazil launch power
- By Adam Easton, BBC News, Monday 13 August 2001. The
project, which is two years behind schedule, involves a 680
kilometre line which runs from Venezuela's remote
southern state of Bolivar to Boa Vista in energy starved