The working-class history of the Republic of Venezuela
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Workers demand back pay
- Workers World, 12 December 1996. Strike by
public sector workers.
- General strike confuses Venezuela
- Weekly News Update on the Americas, 10 August
1997. Peaceful general strike led by Federation of Workers
of Venezuela (CTV) a success; extent to which the strike was
supported by the Caldera government is unclear.
- Venezuelan Workers Protest Amid Economic
- Weekly News Update on the Americas, 5 July
1998. Court workers in Venezuela began a national strike on
July 1 to protest the Judiciary's failure to comply with
their collective bargaining agreement or approve new wage