The retrospective history of the Caribbean as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- The Tale of Bartolome de las Casas
- By Bob Corbett, 19 June 1995. Bartolome de las Casas was
a great humanitarian, yet, this tragic man was importantly
instrumental in one of the greatest evils of human
- Pirates and the founding of San
- A dialog from Bob Corbet's Haiti list, January 1995.
- A Wreck That Led to Liberty
- By Carol J. Williams, Los Angeles Times, 30
September 2004. A sunken ship in the Caribbean may hold
clues to a lucky break for a group of Africans headed for
slavery—and stoke local pride.
- Cheddi Jagan, Michael Manley and the
history of U.S. Intervention in the Caribbean
- By Pat Chin, in Workers World, 3 April
1997. Obituaries and comparison of these two leaders who
both died on March 6, 1997.