The culture history of the Caribbean as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Origins of Carnival
- A dialog on the origins of Carnival, January 1992. In the
Catholic countries it evolved from pre-lenten European
festivals, combined with African musical traditions.
- ASCALF UK
- From Nicki Hitchcott, 24 April, 1995. A brief notice
concerning ASCALF which is an organization based in the UK
consecrated to the study of the literature and cultures of
the Caribbean and Francophone Africa (in French).
- Experts examine global impact of Caribbean
- By Joy Elliott, Reuters, 8 August 1996. The small nations
of the Caribbean, which once had a disproportionate impact
on the world's economy, now wield a cultural influence
that has spread to remote corners of the world.
- Review of Walter Rodney's
Intellectual and Political Thought by Professor
- Reviewed by David Hinds, on the BRC-news list, 25 March
2000. This most recent book on Walter Rodney is a critical
addition to our understanding of his importance not only to
Guyana and the Caribbean, but to the world at large.