The media and telecommunications of the Caribbean as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The Internet in the Caribbean
- On Caribbean Networking
- By Daniel Pimienta, 12 June 1995. The struggle to get it
News and the print media
- Regional Media Complain of
- By Peter Richards, IPS, 29 December 1999. Journalists
from across the Caribbean are complaining of a
deteriorating relationship with their respective
governments. Governments bring media to heel through charges
of treason, libel and threats of jail.
- English speaking Caribbean—a tradition
of free speech that must be upheld
- International Secretariat of Amnesty International, 3 May
2000. Journalists and media workers in the Caribbean face
government attempts to introduce legislation that could
limit their freedom of expression.