The history of teachers in Grenada
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Teachers refused to meet with PM
- The Daily Herald, 12 May 2000. Grenada's
teachers miffed at government's refusal to accede to
their demand for a 10 per cent pay increase refused to meet
with the Prime Minister.
- Grenada teachers to strike
- CANA Online, 27 May 2000. The teachers are withdrawing
their labour to force government to agree to their demands
for a 17 per cent pay hike over five years (brief).
- No pay cuts for Grenadian teachers
- CANA Online, 4 July 2000. The government announced that
teachers who worked during a protest by their colleagues in
May for increased wages did not receive their full salaries
because of errors in compiling information on those who
boycotted classes (brief).