The Guyana Trades Union Congress (GTUC)
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- The Struggle Moves to Another Level
- By Bert Wilkinson, IPS, 20 May 1999. Members of the 24
unions which fall under the umbrella Guyana Trades Union
Congress have joined the thousands of civil servants who
have been on strike for the last three weeks to press
demands for a 40 percent pay increase and to protest
Tuesday's police shooting of 17 persons.
- Progress made in sealing union movement
- Stabroek News, 25 April 2000. The Trades
Union Congress (TUC) and two of its affiliates are in sight
of unity once again and there is a strong likelihood of a
united May Day rally this year at the National Park.
- GAWU, NAACIE welcome DePeana's mend
- Stabroek News, 16 June 2002. The two unions
that broke away from the Guyana Trades Union Congress (GTUC)
will meet next week to finalise the list of issues they want
addressed at the conciliatory caucus next month.