Solidarity and organizing by labor in Canada
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Maggie's Annual Report 1993/94
- Maggie's, a self-help movement of sex workers,
incorporated since 1991 in Toronto.
- The GAP: brutality behind hip facade
- By Terry Kelly, 14 October 1995. In June, 1995, ILGWU
and ACTWU merged into UNITE, and it here supports
manquiladora workers by picketing GAP stores.
- Cross-border labour fight reaches Supreme
Court. Mandatory union membership put to test
- By Janice Tibbetts, The Ottawa Citizen, 21
March 2000. Owner of a concrete cutting company challenges
29-year old labor law that requires workers to belong to a
union. Issue has sparked a political battle between
Ontario and Quebec, where Ontario workers want to work
across the river in Quebec, where labor is protected.