The IT, media, and telecommunications of Canada
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Journalists unite in oppostion to Bill
- The Canadian Committee to Protect Journalists, media
release, 13 December 1995. Journalists from across Canada
have united to oppose changes to the access to information
legislation contained in the controversial Tory Omnibus
Bill. The changes will impair the ability of journalists
to scrutinize the functioning of the government.
- Media Study Finds Newspapers Guilty of
Propagating Racist Stereotypes
- By Mark Bourrie, IPS, 4 April 2000. Canada's
largest-circulation and most politically influential
newspapers are culturally biased and encourage racist
stereotypes almost daily.
- Defame Game Serious in Canada
- By Charles Mandel, Wired News, 14 September
2000. Canadian e-mailers can no longer hide behind a cloak
of anonymity if reasonable grounds exist to show
they've distributed defamatory statements over the