The contemporary political history of British Colombia
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Ex-minister says United Church liable for
- By Chris Morabito, The Martlet, 2 October
1997. St. Andrew's in Port Alberni, B.C. has issued an
apology for residential school abuses of Native children,
but the national church has not done so.
- Free Trade Fears Halt Water Plant
- The rabble, 5 July 2001. The Greater
Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) has shelved its scheme
to privatize a planned water filtration plant. Many argued
that global trade agreements could erode the
community's control over privatized water
- B.C. passes legislation forcing new
contract on health workers
- CBC, Friday August 10 2001. The B.C. government has
passed legislation that makes the province's nurses
among the best paid in the country, but includes benefit
concessions. Illegal pickets; threat of mass resignations.