The social history of Alberta Province
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Sterilization settlements coming
- Edmonton Journal, 28 April 1998. The rights
of 700 people who were sterilized between 1928 and 1972
under Alberta&s old eugenics law.
- Healthy living hard to come by for
- FFWD Weekly (Calgary), 30 October
2003. Government funded anti-tobacco campaigns and fitness
ventures have been implemented to lessen the strain on the
health care system, but according to critics, there is a
larger problem that needs to be addressed: However, the
Alberta government is not investing in all levels of
- Racism Continues to Scar Alberta
- The Alberta Federation of Labour (AFL) News
(Edmonton), 19 May 2004. Police are reporting an increase
in hate group activity in Alberta, and B'nai
B'rith reports a large increase in anti-Semitic acts
last year. We also continue to see discrimination against
Muslims in the shadow of the Attack on Iraq. Clearly
racism is alive and growing in Alberta.