History of social legislation and welfare in the United States
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
United States social history in general
- Attacking the Problem of Welfare at its Root
- By Tom Hopkins, in People's Weekly World, 18 February, 1995.
- A labor leader's view of welfare "reform"
- By Blair Bertaccini, in People's Weekly World, 25 February, 1995.
- Fighting Back! Challenging AFDC myths with the facts
- By Mimi Abramovitz and Fred Newdom. 28 March, 1995.
- National Welfare Rights Union convention draws up plans to
fight anti-poor budget cuts
- By Allen Harris, in People's Tribune (Online Edition), 18 September
- Review of Linda Gordon, Pitied but not entitled: Single
Mothers and the History of Welfare, 1890-1935
- By Ruth Crocker, 7 October, 1995.
- G.O.P. admits hidden agenda. Dole and Gingrich secret plan
exposed: budget cuts 'smart' way to kill Medicare
- By Tim Wheeler, in People's Weekly World, 4 November, 1995.
- Wall St. makes grab for Social Security
- By Fred Gaboury, in People's Weekly World, 7 December, 1996. Re
effort to remove Social Security from public control by privatizing it.
- GOP attack on minimum wage denounced
- By Tim Wheeler, in People's Weekly World, 14 June, 1997. Re
- Pickets at the White House: 'HANDS OFF MEDICARE!'
- By Tim Wheeler, in People's Weekly World, 2 August, 1997.