Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of these documents and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
History of the US working class in general
Labor instensification, sweatshops
- The Case for Shorter Work Time
- By Bruce O'Hara. 25 October, 1995. In the last couple of decates, people have come to work more for less.
- Historic "No Sweatshop" Resolution To Be Introduced at Mayors Conference
- Sweatshop Watch press release. 18 June, 1997. Model municipal no-sweatshop public purchasing resolution.
Health, safety, and sexual harassment
- Lives in the balance -- Corporate vs. public research
- By Phil E. Benjamin, in People's Weekly World,
16 September, 1995. Re the Ballenger Bill (HR-1834) which guts the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Mitsubishi chorus drowns out industry sexism
- By Vickie Elmer. Detroit Journal, Business Columnist. 26 May, 1996. Sexual harassment is widespread.
- Job Related Injuries Very Common in US
- Associated Press. 27 July, 1997.
Contingent (temporary, part-time) workers
- Contingent Workers: There oughta be a law
- By Tony Murphy, in Workers World, 7 September, 1995.
The natural environment
- Progressives gather to build a broader movement
- From Labor-Environmental Solidarity Network News, 22 August, 1995. Meeting in Portland, OR, 14-15 Aug. re cooperation in struggle against reaction by uniting labor and environmentalism.