The working-class history of Estados Unidos Mexicanos (Mexico)
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Mexican workers strike over peso
- By Scott Marshall, in the People’s Weekly World, 4
- Cleveland based company fires six Mexican
- From Labor Notes, 6 April 1995. Workers disatisfied with
govenment dominated federal unions, and want to be
represented by Mexico’s only independent, democratic
labor federation, the Authentic Labor Front (FAT).
- Appeal of bus workers union in Mexico
- From Venancio Felipe Gil Sanchez, General Secretary,
SUTAUR-100, 13 April 1995.
- Labor Day demonstrates Mexican
- From the NAFTA & Inter-American
Trade Monitor, 5 May 1995. The government-dominated
union Confederacin de Trabajadores de Mexico (CTM) cancels
the traditional May Day labor celebration, and so angry
workers hold demo.
- Free trade impact on labor
- From NAFTA & Inter-American
Trade Monitor, 8 September 1995.
- Mexico’s Labor Congress To
- 16 April 1996. Mexico's labor federation, dominated by
the PRI, in danger of spliting over the PRI’s