The contemporary political history of Belize
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- ACP-EU supports Belize's
- Amandala Online, 26 March 2000. The ACP
Group (Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific) along with
the European Union, call on Guatemala to respect
Belize's borders and right to sovereignty.
- Labor Ministry plucks trained arbitrators
from WASA tribunal
- The Reporter, 21 May 2000. A tribunal had
been set up on May 8 to avert a strike on May 9 by
WASA's Workers Union. The tribunal, was to determine
if WASA's management breached its collective agreement
with the union.
- Continuing human rights violations
- International Secretariat of Amnesty International, News
Service, 5 July 2000. Excessive use of force by police
appears to be particularly serious. In 1999 local human
rights organizations documented more than 30 cases of