The Presidency of Jacobo Arbenz (1950–1954)
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Reuter, 20 October 1995. Final burial of Colonel Jacobo
Arbenz, whose leftist government was overthrown in a
CIA-backed coup in 1954, bringing to an end an era of
popular reform and opening the subsequent period of
- More than 100,000 Guatemalans participated
in the homage and funeral of Jacobo Arbenz Guzman
- Comunidado from the Frente Democratico nueva Guatemala,
21 October, 1995. His unexpected full historical restitution
as a hero of the people and the revival of the values of
the Revolution of October 1944.
- The ‘People's Soldier’
- From the Cerigua Weekly Briefs, 27 October
1995. The coup that overthrew Arbenz in 1954.
- CIA and Assassinations: The Guatemala 1954
- From Kate Doyle and Peter Kornbluh, 14 August 1997. The
documents, including an instructional guide on assassination
found among the training files of the CIA's covert
PBSUCCESS,; were among several hundred records released by the
Agency on May 23, 1997 on its involvement in the infamous 1954 coup