The retrospective history of the Republic of El Salvador
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Students march in El Salvador
- Weekly News Update, 2 August
1998. Commemoration of a 1975 massacre of students at the
University of El Salvador (UES) who were protesting
- Was the CIA to blame?
- By Tom Gibb, The Guardian (London), 23
March 2000. To what extent was the U.S. CIA aware of and
involved in the murder on 24 March 1980 of Archbishop
Oscar Romera, who was a supporter of guerilla rebels.
- Salvadoran Soldiers: We Were Ordered to
Kill US Nuns
- Weekly News Update on the Americas, 5 April
1998. Evidence that the 1980 rape and murder of U.S. nuns
was done under orders.
- US Releases Some Secrets on 1980 El
- Weekly News Update on the Americas, 28 June
1998. U.S.s secretary of state orders the release of
documents on the 1980 rape and murder of four US nun. The
US and Salvadoran governments have both insisted that the
killings were carried out by four National Guard soldiers
and one low-ranking officer on their own initiative.