The culture history of the Republic of Panama
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Florida State endangered by
R. M. Koster
- By Lawrence Abele, [15 October 2001]. In order to
continue operations in Panama after the withdrawal of
U.S. forces the university of Florida dissolved its
Panamanian branch and created a Panamanian entity called
FSU-Panama that the university contracts to teach
courses. An exchange over faculty restructuring.
- Why Panama's debate over English should
concern folks in the [U.S.]
- By Eric Jackson, 28 October 2002. After many decades of
US occupations of parts of the Isthmus of Panama, the
troops are gone and the canal administration has been
transferred to Panama, and sectors of the dependent ruling
elite that the Americans cultivated are suffering various
withdrawal symptoms. The drive to raise the status of
English in Panama.
- University of Panama employees on
- By Eric Jackson, 18 December 2002. Just now a thousand
or more University of Panama employees are marching past
the Internet cafe where I am, en route to the Legislative
Assembly to demand pay that's owed them.