Retrospective history of Asia as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
History of Asia in general
The pre-modern history of Asia as a whole
- Nestorian bibliography
- Part of a dialog from the Medieval History list, March
1996. An unfortunately brief fragment of the dialog.
- Buddhist Ruins along Silk Road?
- A dialog from the CenAsia list, 6 June 1999. A brief list.
- Asian-based world economy 1400-1800: A
horizontally integrative macrohistory
- By Andre Gunder Frank, 12 November 1995. Extracts from a
book arguing for an Asian-based world economy.
- 17th-19th century Asian conceptions of political
- A dialog from H-Asia list, 12 January 1999. Eurocentrism
of the literature.
The history of Asia in the era of World War II
- 'Comfort Women' Battle On Despite Legal Blow
- By Suvendrini Kakuchi, IPS, 12 October 1998. Concerning
the Japanese use of sex slaves recruited from Asia outside Japan.
- Historical parallels of Japanese economic
- A dialog frm the H-Asia list, January 1998. The question
is how to evaluate political expansion that arguably
results in an improvement in the people's wellbeing,
arguably unites peoples having a degree of shared culture
or a shared need for the strength to confront the wider
hostile world? Example of how morally challenging
questions are evaded lest they expose the contradictions
of the bourgeois state.
- Observations on Japan War
- A dialog from the H-Asia list, February 1998. An attack
on Japanese brutal expansionism that rather misses the point
of the question, as the list moderator implies.