The social history of West Asia as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- El Taller, Court of Women - Testimonies on
Violence against women in the Arab world Beirut, Lebanon, 28-30
- Introduction of a book which highlights major testimonies
and the declaration reached during the
Court of Women
held in June 1995 in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Women's Rights Debate Defined By Equality and
- By Sanjay Upadhyay, IPS, 25 November 1999, Significant steps
in Gulf Arab states to encourage women countered by a
conservative backlash by the elite in Kuwait to remove women's
right to vote
and run for public office. Nevertheless, reasons to expect
progress in women's rights there and in Saudi Arabia. But
so far, only Qatar allows women to vote. Bahrain; UAE.
- Secret Israeli-Iraqi talks: No one asks the
- Mid-East Realities, 24 May 2000.
New twist in the Palestinian refugee problem. An article from
The Observer (London) regarding
Saddam Hussein's astonishing bid for peace with the West by offering to have Lebaniese Palestinian refugees move to Iraq,
which would solve a major problem for Jerusalem and mark one
of the most significant shifts in regional politics in decades.