Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
South Asia in general
General and political history of Nepal
- Nepal's New Communist Government Produces Gains for the People
- From People's Democracy, Communist Party of India, reprinted in People's Weekly World, 3 June, 1995.
- Nepal Communists Confront "Basic Problems"
- Report by Miguel Figueroa, Communist Party of Canada, in People's Weekly World, 24 June, 1955.
- Communists Seek Majority in New Nepal Elections
- By Jim Genova, in People's Weekly World, 1 July, 1995.
- Nepal's Communists Ready for New Elections
- By Prime Minister Manmohan Adhikari, in People's Weekly World, 5 August, 1995.
- New regime takes pro-rich measures
- From Workers World, 28 September, 1995.
Economy and environment
- Sierra Club charges World Bank with Environmental Violations
- From People's Weekly World, 11 February, 1995. World Bank Responds to Sierra Club; Sierra Club Responds to World Bank.
- Arun III Hydroelectric Project In Nepal: Another World Bank Debacle?
- By Lori Udall, Washtington Director, International Rivers Network. 1 March, 1995.
- Communists lead general strike
- By G. Dunkel, in Workers World, 2 October, 1997. Strike issues included issue of Indian intervention into Nepal and an anti-terrorism law that can be used to ban any political party.
- Gurkhas' sisters sold into AIDs hell of 'supermarket' brothels
- By John Frederick, The Times, 26 January, 1997. Nepalese girls in the Bombay sex market.
- Nepalese Abortion Law Faces Politician-Foe
- By Aruna Uprety. 20 March, 1997. Abortion treated as homicide.