The history of education in India
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The culture history of India in general
- Indian education ministers in walk out; Religion
and politics cloud Indian education
- BBC_News_Online, 22 oct 1998. Indian state education
ministers walked out of a conference in New Delhi, following
an invocation to a Hindu goddess at the opening of the conference,
in belief that the BJP government seeks to introduce Hindu
nationalism into the country's schools.
- Missionaries Threaten Hindu Caste Order
- By Dev Raj, IPS, 19 jan 1999. Christian missionaries have made
a tremendous contribution to Indian education, but right wing
Hindu nationalists see their values as threatening to Indian
- Charter seeks free education for all children
- The Hindu, Tuesday 21 November 2000. An "Education
Campaign" that brings together sarpanches, women's groups,
NGOs and child rights advocates adopts a charter, demanding among
other things, free and quality education for all children..