The history of Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The history of India in general
The contemporary political history of Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh
- Let Kashmiris Decide Their Fate
- By Ajit Bhattacharjea, in The Pioneer, New Delhi, 17 March
1995. Since October, 1947, Pakistan and India have contested Kashmir,
but there's a third option, "azaadi," of greater Kashmiri
indendence. Implications of azaadi for Jammu and Ladakh.
- State Terrorism and the Murder of Jalil Andrabi
- From Earl Hall, AIPSG, 8 April 1996. Political assassination of Jalil
Andrabi, Chairman of the Kashmir Commission of Jurists, who documented
and exposed rights abuses by the military, paramilitary and police
forces in Kashmir.
- High time to put an end to impunity in Jammu and
- From Amnesty International News Service, 15 May 1997. Growth of human
rights violations at hands of Indian army. Yasin Malik, leader of the
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) arrested for protesting it.
- Escalating harassment of opposition leaders and journalists
in Jammu and Kashmir
- From Amnesty International, 9 July 1997.