Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
History of Indonesia in general
- East Javanese trance dances
- An dialog from the jinarwa list. 14 February, 1995.
The media and telecommunications
- Bulletins versus Bullets: The Politics of the Alternative Media in Indonesia
- A paper by George J. Aditjondro, 7 April, 1995, on the alternative press and the rebirth of political journalism.
- Intel: Indonesia Intelligence Daily & Indonesia Intelligence Weekly
- From Internationally-Oriented Computer-Assisted Reporting List, 22 May 1995. A commercial advertisement for an English language Indonesian news publication from the US.
- Indonesia's Information Highway is too fast for Suharto: Strongman seeks net roadblocks
- From the Chicago Tribune, 17 May, 1997. The effect of satellite TV, mobile phones, and Internet on political stability in Indonesia.
- Internet use to be controlled
- From Reporters sans frontieres (RSF). Action Alert, 19 June 1997. New Indosat Internet service will be censored in order to block pornography, which threatens national security.