The following is a bibliography of books in English on Taiwan Independence and democracy movement:
The above bibliography was compiled by Clyde Kiang.
- Ballantine, Joseph W
- Formosa, a problem for United States foreign policy. Washington: Brookings Institution, 1952.
- A historical study on the subject of American foreign policy toward Taiwan.
- Bate, H. Maclear
- Report from Formosa. New York: Dutton, 1952.
- Provides a historical background for the study of Taiwanese history.
- Chen, Lung-chu
- Formosa, China and the United Nations; Formosa in the world community/ Lung-chu Chen and Harold D. Lasswell. New York: St. Martin's, 1967.
- Cohen, Marc J
- Taiwanese at the crossroads; human rights, political development and social change on the beautiful island. Washington: Asia Resource Center, 1988.
- Cooper, John F.
- A quiet revolution: political development in the Republic of China. Washington: Ethics and Public Policy Center, 1988.
- Formosa today
- Edited by Mark Mancell. New York: F. Praeger, 1964.
- Contributors include Shinkichi Eto, Akira Iriye, Ong Joktik, Maurice Meisner, etc.
- The future of Taiwan: a difference of opinion.
- Edited by Victor H. Li. New York: M.E. Sharpe, 1980.
- Explores the nature and complexity of the Taiwan problem.
- Kerr, George H
- Formosa betrayed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1965.
- A historical work on the history of Taiwan during the post-World War II period.
- Formosa: licensed revolution and the home rule movement, 1895-1945. Honolulu: University Press of Hawaii, 1974.
- The Taiwan confrontation crisis. Washington: Formosan Association for Public Affairs, 1985.
- Hsu, Chung Y.
- The 1991 National Assembly election in Taiwan/ Chung Y. Hsu and Parris Chang. Chicago: North America Taiwanese Professors' Association, 1992.
- Kiang, Clyde
- The Hakka Odyssey & their Taiwan homeland. Elgin, PA: Allegheny Press, 1992.
- A portion deals with democracy and independence movement in Taiwan from Hakka Taiwanese viewpoints.
- Let Taiwan be Taiwan: documents on the international status of Taiwan.
- Edited with analysis and commentary by Marc J. Cohen and Emma Teng. Washington: Center for Taiwanese International Relations, 1990.
- Mendel, Douglas
- The politics of Formosan nationalism. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1970.
- Murray, Stephen O
- Taiwanese culture, Taiwanese society: a critical review of social science research done on Taiwan/ Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong. Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1994.
- The other Taiwan: 1945 to the present.
- Edited by Murray A. Rubinstein. New York: M.E. Sharpe, 1993.
- Peng, Ming-min
- A taste of freedom: memoirs of a Formosan independence leader. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1972.
- Shi, Mei (Su Bing)
- Taiwan's 400 year history. Washington: Taiwanese Cultural Grassroots Association, 1986.
- Wachman, Alan M
- Taiwan: national identity and democratization. New York: M.E. Sharpe, 1994.
Clyde Kiang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
California University of Pennsylvania