The contemporary political history of Western Europe as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- ‘Hess’ actitivies in Sweden and
- A—Infos News Service, 19 August 1999. August 17th is
the day many Scandinavian nazis commemorate the death of
Rudolf Hess. In the past few years, attempts of nazis to
hold Hess commemorations in Sweden and Denmark have resulted
in massive anti-fascist mobilisation. This year, because of
conflicts within their movement, Scandinavian nazis were
unable to organise one, single co-ordinated event.
- London, Rome, Madrid: Half-Million
- By John Catalinotto, Workers World, 10
October 2002. The worldwide movement to stop U.S.-British
aggression against Iraq took a leap forward over the
Sept. 28–29 weekend with massive demonstrations
totaling half a million people in London, Rome and
- Not Just in France: Unrest Spreads to Belgium
- Prensa Latina (Havana), 9 November
2005. Youths have set fire to vehicles in several cities in
Belgium and Germany since the weekend, in what appears to be
an imitation of violence in France.